In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’ and ‘us’ they refer to the Philip Larkin Society.
Information collected and its use
The information we collect consists of any personal details you knowingly provide to us through forms and email, such as name, postal address, e-address, telephone number etc. By joining you agree that the Society may hold your personal details to use solely in connection with the work of the Society.
We only collect bank details if you request the Society to make payment of expenses or money owed by bank transfer. In such cases details are stored on the Barclays online system. All records of individual’s bank details are destroyed as soon as they are set up on the system. All credit card payments for goods or services are made through ‘Paypal’. As a result the Society does not have access to credit card details.
Any information collected will be used:
- To process your request for membership/renewal of membership of the Society.
- To process any request for tickets and merchandise.
- To provide you, as a member, with copies of About Larkin, the Society’s Journal.
- To send you, as a member, formal notice of the Society’s AGM and related papers.
- To forward specific information about the Society and activities related to our charitable objects.
- To process Gift Aid declarations, in which case your authorisation allows us to contact HMRC to enable the Gift Aid to be credited to PLS accounts.
We keep your information secure by means of password-protected software and by other physical means.
We will delete your records if you have not re-joined the Society for five consecutive years, except in case of statutory/legal requirements.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information, please send your contact details including address to: The Philip Larkin Society,
General Secretary, 226 Westella Road, West Ella, Hull HU10 7RS.